In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Peter Hunnisett
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

><snip>

>>> True. But, I guess, we can assume that for Linux-based system,
>>> right?
>>
>>Probably, yes.
>
>There are people who run libc5 still. My personal computer has it still,
>but I haven't used it in a bit as it's 4000 miles away. You were proposing
>just to make the check for glibc anyways, so that'll do.
>
><snip>
>
>Ciao,
>Peter Hunnisett
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

YES, YES!
If there is a final clear-cut decision to NOT support libc5 (it's been
mooted several times in the recent past) can we have a clear statement
on cemw so we know where we can retrieve a 'last-working version' from
archive.

As I've written a few times before, a stripped wine module taking up 4Mb
or so, is a very useful fallback on an old laptop where space is tight,
and on these machines a libc5 distro like slack4 fits a lot better than
the 'new' libc6 'bloatware'.

Bob Hall

'Things should not be multiplied beyond necessity'
--
robert w hall