Alexandre Julliard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I don't have any Russian fonts on my Windows machine to test this, but
>if I select an OEM font TextOut definitely uses the OEM codepage, not
>the CP_ACP one. So we cannot assume that all strings passed to TextOut
>are in current ANSI codepage; we have to take into account the font
>codepage somehow.

Note 1: Until the last changes, ALL my fonts with ALL different encodings
worked in Wine just fine. I already noted in my previous mail, code page of
currently selected font is the problem of a dc driver (display, printer, etc.) ONLY.

Note 2:
Text feeded to TextOut can be received from the several different sources:
resource (unicode), message table (ansi/unicode), hard coded in the program
(I often use this one myself), entered from keyboard, created dinamically, etc.
I should add, that the derived text might easy be delivered to any other
text handling function (CharNext for instance). In ALL these cases APPLICATION
assumes that text is in current ansi code page for every single character.

Dmitry.