> I'm new to this list, so forgive if this has been discussed before, but
> has any thought been given to allowing Wine to take advantage of SDL (if
> present) for the DirectX requirements of apps/games? Seems to me that
> SDL is perfect for this and while I know that you probably don't want to
> include another lib and would rather re-implement DirectX within Wine
> itself, I would think that in the meantime it could get things moving
> faster. I'm sure the guys hacing on SDL would be more than happy to work
> w/ you Wine guys....

For the moment, I do not see any real advantage of using SDL over what
is in Wine now, so I think nobody never wondered if it was possible or
not (or course, if SDL were in the X core and thus providing real
hardware acceleration, the question would be more interesting).

And I think you may have some problems integrating both (for example
in the case of Windows Direct Draw applications like Media Player).

--
               Lionel Ulmer   -   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    My Advogato Wine diary : http://www.advogato.org/person/bbrox/