Hi,

   I noticed that many functions in mmsystem.[ch] use UINT/UINT16 as
their return type rather than the official MMRESULT/MMRESULT16,
MCIDEVICEID/MCIDEVICEID16 or MCIERROR/MCIERROR16. So I started a patch
to make things closer to the specs.

   But I found that some 16 bit functions return a DWORD. I propose to
change their return types as follows, would it be ok?
         type
  current   proposed     API                     Documentation
   DWORD -> WORD         mciGetDriverData16      (undocumented)
   DWORD -> WORD         xxx{In,Out}Message16    (DWORD in win32)
   DWORD -> MCIERROR16   mciSendCommand16        (MCIERROR in win32)

(see grep WINAPI ../wine.ref/dlls/winmm/mmsystem.c | grep 16 | sort | more)

   The rest of the changes consist in replacing some UINT(16) and DWORD
return types byt the appropriate MMRESULT(16), MMDEVICEID(16) and
MCIERROR(16).

--
Francois Gouget         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://fgouget.free.fr/
           Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient à demander