On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With following patch I was able to get rid of the /etc/ld.so.conf entry for
> the WINE library dir (for the emulator compile).
>
> Ciao, Marcus
>
> Changelog:
>       add -rpath $libdir to LDFLAGS for Linux (suggested by Ove)
>       add $(LDFLAGS) to wineserver compile, so it finds libwine_unicode.so

Well, it isn't exactly what I had in mind...

1. Is there a particular reason why libwine_unicode.so can't just be in
the same directory as libwine.so, since it's not really a "DLL"? Shouldn't
take a special rpath to find it...

2. For wine itself, I don't see a need for rpath in the emulator binary
either... the EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH in wine.conf should work to find the
.so files, after which the rpath compiled into the .so files are enough to
find their dependencies.

Perhaps it would be an useful feature someday to be able to choose
different DLL builds by just changing the EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH but using
the same wine binary... if the rpath is embedded in wine, that won't be
possible. Is there a reason you need to do so?