Hello,

i've investigated this problem a little more. It appears that it is
*NOT* a combobox problem...

When netscape first loads, it has problems painting all types of
controls (buttons, combos, etc) and some text on web pages. As more
pages are loaded, the problems disappear... ie. things that were
previously were not drawn are drawn correctly.

Using the native commctrl/comctl32 dlls does not solve the problem!

My guess is that this is a problem with device contexts... perhaps
caching of device contexts?

Mike

>> It has one small problem (yesterday's cvs) - the when a page
>> containing a combobox is loaded, the combobox is shown incorrectly.
It
>> is very small... it's size has not been adjusted for its contents.
>>
>> There are two strange things about this:
>> * when i visit another page, then press the back button, the
combobox
>> is displayed correctly.
>> * when i use -dll commctrl+n,comctl32+n, the problem is the same
>>
>> i guess this is not really a combobox problem, perhaps a
>> font problem, or window creation problem. Any ideas?

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph +61 2 9427 2196

Get your own free web email at http://www.looksmart.com.au
LookSmart Australia