At 12:37 PM 10/23/00 +0200, you wrote:

>Well, is the situation "pressing ESC in the file open dialog"
>indicated by WinXX with COMDLG32_SetExtendedError(0) or does it have
>some special error?

No, but if you call a common dialog box and you get an error, if you calls
another dialog box after, under Windows  you get 0 if this call has not
caused an extended error; under Wine you get the same error code
because it's saved in the thread local storage.

I admit it's not often a real world problem since most extended errors result
from programming errors and as such should cause the user to terminate
the program; but to be completely correct, each common dialog should reset
the extended error - and so allocate implicitly the Tls.

Gerard