> > Uwe Bonnes writes:
> >
> > Martin Pilka writes:
> >
> > > bad values for CSIDL_STARTMENU family.
> > >
> > > "StartMenu" --> "Start Menu",
> > > "Startup" --> "StartUp".
> > >
> > > the first mentioned cause that "c:\windows\StartMenu" directory is
> > > created when you running installer under Wine, and also
> some other minor
> > > problems.
> >
> > are these pathes hardcoded and language independant? I guess these
> > pathes are fetched as resources from the language depentant
> shell dll
>
> I can confirm that some directory names are language dependent.
> For instance in a Swedish installation of Win95 that directory
> is called c:\windows\start-menyn\

Yes, they are stored in the registry.

>From English Windows 98:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders]
"Desktop"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Desktop"
"Templates"="C:\\WINDOWS\\ShellNew"
"AppData"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Application Data"
"Start Menu"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Start Menu"
"Programs"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Start Menu\\Programs"
"Startup"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Start Menu\\Programs\\StartUp"
"Fonts"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Fonts"
"SendTo"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SendTo"
"Recent"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Recent"
"Favorites"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Favorites"
"NetHood"="C:\\WINDOWS\\NetHood"
"Personal"="C:\\My Documents"
"Cache"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Temporary Internet Files\\"
"Cookies"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Cookies\\"
"History"="C:\\WINDOWS\\History\\"
"PrintHood"="C:\\WINDOWS\\PrintHood"
"Local AppData"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Local Settings\\Application Data"
"My Pictures"="C:\\My Documents\\My Pictures"
"Administrative Tools"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Administrative
Tools"

> Confuses some native apps as well.

Yes, many applications doesn't realize that it should
look in the registry for the correct path.