Aric Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have to pipe in and say that in my work with UNICODE enabling the
> controls the two functions proposed here would be very useful.
>
> If somemone wrote them up as a patch would they go in?

No, I'm trying to get rid of this kind of internal functions so we
shouldn't add even more. Besides they are completely equivalent to
the exported ones:

lstrlenAtoW(str) == MultiByteToWideChar(CP_ACP,0,str,strlen(str),NULL,0)
lstrlenWtoA(wstr) == WideCharToMultiByte(CP_ACP,0,wstr,strlenW(wstr),NULL,0,NULL,NULL)

I'd also recommend not calling lstrcpynAtoW and friends, and replace
them with MultiByteToWideChar/WideCharToMultiByte. And please
everybody be careful: the Unicode lengths used by MBToWC/WCToMB are in
*characters*, not in bytes.

In fact all the lstr* functions should be avoided in Wine code,
especially lstrlenA/lstrlenW that can be trivially replaced by
strlen/strlenW with much better performance.

--
Alexandre Julliard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]