On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Patrik Stridvall wrote:

> >     Message body too long (>40k)
> >
> > Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> > notification of the moderator's decision.
>
> Intresting but a little irritating feature of the new mailing list.
>
> I understand it is because some people post to long debug logs
> on the list. But it would be nice if people that are regular
> posters to the list be removed from the limit or at least have
> a larger limit.
>
> PS. If anybody cares my mail included a 85k large patch
> plus a quite long message.
>
> PPS. Hmm. Should I wait or should I post it without the patch,
> in the meantime. OK, I will wait, but if anybody really want
> to read "RFC: Logical to device translation layer" as soon
> as possible please mail me in private.

Okay, I've approved, but it's on your own peril. There is no limit to the
size of postings to wine-patches, but wine-devel, on the other hand, runs
with a 40K limit. This was discussed briefly by web-admin, and nobody
there saw a problem with safety limits on the non-patches lists. Do anyone
else around wish for us to increase the wine-devel limit? Even our
low-bandwidth subscribers?