> Well, there's no "img"-like package here, so it seems they haven't found a
> use for it yet among Debian's over 5000 packages... (of course, "itcl" has
> found a use in the "tkdesk" and "insight" packages, so that one's not
> necessary to worry about...)

i checked it, and really - i was wrong about Img extension. it's not the
part of distributions. winecfg uses this extension becouse of *.xpm
support, in order to not have binary files in CVS tree. from sensible
formats tk support only GIFs, and that format isn't free, so there would
be a need for Img extension anyway :-(

> I'm not going to download any SRPMs, they're just as vile distribution
> market assimilators as RPMs, and probably just as hard to unpack into
> plain files on non-RPM-based systems. I asked where to get the .tar.gz
> files, and that preferably from the original sites where they were
> developed, wasn't that obvious?

http://members1.chello.nl/~j.nijtmans/img.html
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/

the home page link i found for exepak is not valid anymore. development
of this tool seems to be frozen.

i'll put the source code of all that packages on the web.

martin