Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

"Shachar Shemesh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was going over the notepad code, and it is implemented using richedit. My question is - why? There is no functionality there that is not also available through the usual Edit control. The Windows notepad is notoriously implemented via the edit control. Is there a special reason why our notepad is different here?

Since we had no a way to display .wri and .rtf files provided by many
applications (readme's, etc.) it was decided to simply extend notepad
instead of creating a wordpad replacement from scratch.

What's more, it seems the current notepad version does not load RTF files properly.

Am I missing something here?

Sh.