Havoc Pennington wrote:

GNUCash has something like 40 dependencies including a lot of very
unstable/unfinished APIs. FAM is 1 dependency and while it sucks, it
doesn't change very often (or at all that I know of).

FAM is one. Freetype is one. CUPS is one. OpenGL (mesa) is also one. They do add up, however.

It's not that I am for adding everything inline. That's not a good idea. Also, I think a Windows compatibility layer can be forgiven for having more dependancies than a personal finance program. This holds especially true if non-core windows functionality is only available if the external library is available at runtime (i.e. - no fribidi install - no Hebrew support in Wine. No CUPS installed - no printing available etc.). I'm not sure this holds true to something which is a core Windows function.

Shachar