Hi Martin,

What sort of file handle is the program trying to read from? Is it a serial port, a socket, a pipe or a standard file?

-debugmsg +file,+comm,+server,+winsock should generate a good enough trace.

Mike

Martin Fuchs wrote:

Hi!

I've got an application, which uses an asynchron file stream library. I uses
ReadFileEx() and alertable wait with SleepEx().
This doesn't work right with wine. It seems to get caught in an endless loop.
Wine and wineserver together use 100 % cpu power.

Does anyone already know, what's going wrong here?

I had a quick look at the implementation in wine, but couldn't find any hint
about missing functionality or some thing like this.

Which debug switches wold be usefull to trace this?