Patrik Stridvall ps-at-leissner.se |Wine Mailing Lists| wrote:

Firstly a quick note:
I have opened a bug for implementation of wintab.dll (Bug No. 1160)

Now the questions:

1: Writing stubs.
I'll be taking up Patrik Stridvall's offer to write stubs for anyone new to wine development.

Yes, I'm working on it right now.
Will probably not finish tonight though.

One question about stubs:
What's the wine policy on stub return values?

Thanks for all the notes on stubs.
Extremely useful.

2: Testing wintab.dll in Win98.
wintab.dll is quite complex for what it does.

I guess you mean wintab32.dll.
wintab.dll is the 16 bit variant AFAICS.

yes. wintab32.dll
Always confused by both dlls being described in the wintab.h file.

Therefore the only practical way to implement it is
to work on the functions and communication models that are
used by the apps I want it to support.

Probably.

To do this, I need some tool that can log the function calls and
parameters to the DLL, while wunning Win98.The logging must be able to let the
programmer choose elements from data stuctures in parameters/retvals to log.
Any ideas????

There are no good tools to do this AFAIK. But if you find any
I'm very intrested.

I've resolved the situation by making a wrapper DLL which is tracable
during debug, and will dump to file too.
The winab toolkit made this suprisingly easy. It contains macros which
can reduce the coding of a wrapper dll immensely.

I was intending to release this logging code to the community, but I
don't think it's generic enough.

I've attempted to use apis32 and built a wintab.fnl file for wintab.dll.
Unfortunately apis32 doen't allow the logging of the contents of data structs.

Yes. APIS32 is the best AFAIK and it sucks pretty bad IMHO.

Yeah, crashed my machine every time I closed it!
Not going to pay $17 for something that does that.

3: Coding standards.
I haven't found any coding standards associated with wine.
This is particularly important, as I'll be writing new source files.
Can someone point me to the standards?

We have none. Decide for yourself. However please do not choose anything
to unlik anything else in Wine.

Or maybe many, as implied by slightly heated coding thread :-(

Many thanks
    -Rob.