Ok to get WINE to work at all i had to disable the sanity checks

here is what Julian Steward send me on how to do that.

ok here are the lines of the log.

SYSCALL-POST[2403,1]       read ( 5, 0x43CA2C7C, 64 ) --> 64
SYSCALL[2403,1](175): sigprocmask ( 2, 0x43CA2BE4, 0x0 )
SYSCALL[2403,1](123): modify_ldt ( 1, 0x43CA2D4C, 16 )
SYSCALL[2403,1](192): mmap2 ( 0x1000, 1110016, 7, 34, -1, 0 )

Looks sensible to me.

--2403-- post-syscall:
--2403-- probable sanity check failure for syscall number 192

how would i go about disabling that sanity check. I scanned the code for
a few minutes but it was not obvious to me.

At mc_main.c:2114 make SK_(cheap_sanity_check) always return True.

This was with 1.1.0

I have a very simple test program that only contained an edit control and i had that coming up with valgrind just fine.

when i tried to valgrind Microsoft Word 2000 i had the exceptions thrown.

I am very interested in what progress people make on this. I just have not had time to go any further on it.

-aric

Dan Kegel wrote:
Aric Stewart wrote:

I have actually worked a little with Julian Steward on this problem just before 1.1.0 I actually have a build of valgrind here on my laptop with works with very simple wine applications. I remember there was one hack i had to do to the valgrind source to disable some of its sanity checking.

I could not get valgrind to work with more advanced wine programs because i kept getting

trace:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException code=eedfade flags=1 addr=0x402e1a30

if you want to work with valgrind i will did up how i turned off the sanity checking with 1.1.0 and see if you can get it working.

Yes, please do document how you got valgrind to start working
with Wine!  Maybe somebody bright with time on their hands will
be able to solve the issue you ran into.

Thanks,
Dan