Uwe Bonnes wrote:

It's not wine that needs msiexec, it's some application with it's
installer. So this application has to care for msiexec.

If things change and msiexec get's part of the ms core distribution, we can
reconsider...

Bye

Actually it is included with Windows 2000, XP and Me etc:
Windows® Installer is an installation and configuration service that reduces the total cost of ownership. The installer ships with Microsoft® Windows® .NET Server 2003 family, Windows® XP, Windows® 2000, and Windows® Millennium Edition (Windows® Me). The installer is also provided as a service pack to Microsoft® Windows NT® version 4.0., Windows® 98, and Windows® 95. (from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/windows_installer_start_page.asp)
Although it depends what you call the ms core distribution I guess...

David