Alexandre Julliard wrote:

Right, it wouldn't work because of the stubs and the relay debugging
support. What I'm thinking of doing at some point is to allow using a
.def as alternative to a .spec, for cases where you don't need the
extra features, like when porting an existing dll to Winelib. But for
Wine itself we'll probably stick to .spec for the time being.

If wer'e on the subject, maybe we can enhance the stub files to contain, for each function, the versions of windows for which it is exported?

Right now we have a slight anomality where even if we define the windows version as win95, we still export functions only available under Windows NT.

Shachar