> There were come great changes in dsound lately (especially in buffers i
> think). Is this the source of problems? Or is it lack of CriticalSection
> stuff (I don't really understand them, so I didn't bother with them when
> I was writing it)?

Well, in my DSound3D test case (the demo for ArxFatalis), I get a crash due
to DSound3DListener COM vtable being overwritten (and thus a nice crash when
the application calls one of the functions).

>From the data that replaces the pointer, it looks like it's been 'mixed'
over (as the data looks like a sound buffer).

I did not manage really to track it down yet (was never able to break Wine
to add the watchpoint at the right address) but either we have a buffer size
issue (and thus memory overrun) or a threading issue (for exmple a buffer
getting Released while it get mixed and the buffer address is then
reallocated to another object ... and when the mixing function continues on
the now-freed buffer => crash).

                    Lionel

--
                 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/