Steven Edwards wrote:

Even at that if I had the time, know-how, was in school and could get credit for
working on a open
source project I would not work on WINE but port User Mode Linux to Windows. The Line
project
already has a elf loader that will let you run Linux apps in Cygwin so its adapting
that UML and
doing a port for a Mingw target. I just think it would be really nice to be able to
run Linux on
top of a NT kernel so if ReactOS is ever ready you guys could have Linux on top of a
kernel
running NT/2K drivers.

Thanks
Steven

Actually, I know someone who started to port UML to the win32 platform. Mandatory military service in Israel meant that this project is on hold, but if Ronen wants to pick that one up, I can hook him up with the person.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant