On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 21:31, dim owner wrote:
> So, a (the) big question is, how can we get this windows app to compunicate
> with UNIX processes?

It's tricky. The easiest way is simply to convert the Gimp into a
Windows program by compiling it with WineLib. No, I don't know how to do
that, Dimi is the expert here. That means that in order to use Photoshop
plugins in the Gimp you'd need a special build of the Gimp and Wine
installed and setup correctly. That might well be acceptable, I don't
know.

Longer term it'd be nice to decouple them, maybe using RPC, or maybe by
figuring out what stops us loading wine into an already initialized
process.