I looked at the code (typelib.c/.h) it looks strait forward, read the file.
(Microsoft invented yet another file format, this is when they where writing the book about OLE files. nu well ...)

I guess it should not be very hard to implement the ICreateTypeLib/2 (I hope).
Than WIDL can use that Interface to (right?)

typelib.c is assigned to Rein KLazes (by copy-right). Did you experiment with also writing the TLB? do you have any code/documentation/URLs/pointers laying around that I should see before I start? (That is if you are not doing it?)

In the code you are checking for TLB signatures and for a PE. should that be checking for ELF and than load from resource Just as with PE? Is there a standard wine way to check for Executables PE or not?

Mean while I can use a pre-made .TLB and stick it in the RC file. Grate ! here comes ELF ActiveX controls.

About stdole32.tlb There must be a standard simple way to Translate it into HEX format (hence text mode for CVS) and than regenerate from HEX the actual file for installation. Should I submit an HEX file? Some one will have to change the Makefiles.

by the way a new bee question: what are the commands in Linux to make a binary file HEX and back.