If you're interested:

Half-Life - works well with wineoss but dies with winealsa. A bug was filed, info submitted but no feedback yet. I may try another cvsupdate and see what happens.

Soldier of Fortune - runs okay, a little slow but that may be due to the sound problem. With Wineoss no sound at all. If you Alt-tab away you get sound!

Soldier of Fortune II - wants CD inserted for check. When that is done it doesn't see the CD. The drive is setup correctly because installs work.

Mike Kost wrote:
I took a break for 20040213, but here's the latest edition of my testing efforts. Same rules still apply in my selection efforts: All games tested are freely available as demos or F/OSS games on the Internet and they don't work right.

Since my last report:
- Bugzilla bug #2011 on Austerlitz was closed - 2 patches were generated by Jason Edmeades - 3 Bugs Filed
- - #2056 - Dominions II Demo Does Not Do Full Screen Correctly
- - #2128 - Remote Assault Demo Fails To Run
- - #2129 - Austerlitz Demo Generates Unhandled Exception

Austerlitz Summary
------------------
http://www.breakawaygames.com/downloads/austerlitz_demo.exe

With Jason's patches for bug #2011, Austerlitz runs but has revealed more bugs. There's a screen drawing/refresh error and it's possible to cause an unhandled exception. Full report here: http://www.tashcorp.net/Wine/Austerlitz/austerlitz-20040309.html

Dominions II Summary
--------------------
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/downloads/dominions2demo_install.exe
Dominions II still has problems with full-screen mode where the KDE kicker bar is visible over the game and the mouse insistently returns to to the center of the screen when moved.
Full report here:
http://www.tashcorp.net/Wine/DominionsII/dominionsII-20040309.html

Remote Assault Summary
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/downloads/rad50.exe

Remote Assault fails to run. I believe this is a downgrade of it's previous position. I owe a +loaddll,+relay log to the bug report.
Full report here:
http://www.tashcorp.net/Wine/RemoteAssault/remoteassault-20040309.html

The War Engine Summary
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/downloads/TWEDemo.exe
It hangs on execution and I havn't figured out where to start filing bugs. Hopefully I'll figure out something better to do with when the next version of Wine is released.

Mike K