Hi Mike,

Mike Hearn wrote:

It seems it's turned from being an normal (albiet static) app which
reserves the areas needed then boots wine, into a reimplementation of
ld-linux.so? I'm not sure it's a good plan to alter the .interp field -
that has to be absolute and this technique would break binary
relocatability.

thanks -mike

At least in the Linux kernel, the ELF interpreter is loaded from the current directory if it is not an absolute path. In this implementation, I have forced the current directory to be the same as the binary's directory, and saved the working directory in an environment variable WINEWORKDIR.

The reason for doing this was to save the hastle of passing yet another round of extra argv[0]'s to the execv. If it's determined that this method is not portable, it's easy enough to go back to the other method of using an executable instead of replacing the ELF interpreter.

In any case, this patch seems to work, and is not limited by binary relocatability.

Mike