Eric Pouech wrote:

1. Use Visual Studio's remote debugging

never tried it, cannot help you here

Oh, it's great when it works. Obviously, no ELF or Winelib symbols, but you are essentially using the standard visual studio debugger on a program running in Wine.

I used that to try and understand why a certain program won't run on Wine. I loaded two visual studios one next to the other. One ran the program locally, and the other remotely on Wine. Since they were on the same screen, I could compare all the info I needed.

(the latest wine misses the debug information for the .spec.c files, and that's were main is... could you print the name of the file and the exact error message)

See below. Don't have them at the moment. Is there any workaround? What do I do if there is no debug symbols for that part at all. What do I do if there are no debug symbols at all?

did you try the same without ddd ?
1/ run on one xterm winedbg --gdb --no-start <your pgm>
2/ in a second xterm, start gdb, and at the gdb prompt enter the 'target remote...' line output from winedbg at step 1

if it fails too, then ddd will also fail. (btw did a bare winedbg --gdb <your pgm> work ?)

Havn't tried.

A+

All of the above happened at a client's site. I don't have the info on me. I'll be able to retest on Sunday.

In any case, this is the latest wine RPMs running on RedHat 7.3 we are talking about.

         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting