Alexandre Julliard wrote:

Shachar Shemesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I think there is one zero too many here. Did you mean 0780000?

No, 78000000. Check loader/Makefile.in.

Saw it. Didn't understand it, but that will have to wait until tomorrow, I guess. Half past midnight is too late to start RTFMing.

So, effectively, in order to use this area, we'll need to manage it
ourselves. Is that a correct assertion? Is there any reason we use
malloc at all at the moment? It seems like unnecessary overhead to
me. Don't we already know how to ask the OS for memory, and already
know how to manage a heap inside this memory?

That's why we don't use malloc in Wine...

http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/ntdll/virtual.c#L373 says otherwise.

And yes, to use the lower
1Gb we need to manage this ourselves, or fix the kernel memory
allocation algorithm. Fixing the kernel is a lot easier.

Surely you mean "technologically easier", right?

            Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.