Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Dan Kegel wrote:

By all means, let's try epoll.
FWIW, I wrote a wrapper layer that illustrates how to detect
whether epoll etc. are available.  I'm convinced that *runtime*
detection is the only way to go.

That's fine, except that compiling your library on a machine that has epoll, and then trying to run it on a machine without will not work. It will not load if runtime glibc doesn't have epoll. I'm using "syscall" to work around that problem in wine.

  Compile time detection is insufficient.
My code is at http://kegel.com/rn

Sure will have a look.

It doesn't compile (rn.c is not including <sys/epoll.h>). When I fix that, it checks whether epoll_create works. If it does, it sets all handlers to use sigio. I don't think this library is quite stable enough :-)

In any case, it seems that it's interface is not ideal for wineserver. Libevent, on the other hand......

         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.