Mike McCormack wrote:

I considered writing a program to generate the code, since it is boilerplate code. The input could be the header file for the class factory, and the output the implementation.

Adding more non-standard header files may not be a direction we want to head in...

Mike

Rrr, and when fixing a bug or making an Enhancement. all these files have to change. Code wizards are not code re-use. Even MS has their ATL or MFC to "implement once" all this grunt work. BUT wine no. must redo every thing from scratch. A rich wine-Internal implementation framework should be the direction to go. A new COM implementation should be an instantiation of one macro, or two, and the code itself. Clean fast and attractive for new hackers.