Alexandre Julliard wrote:

Robert Shearman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Changelog:
- Fix class style to include the hbrBackground member.
- Fix repainting issues introduced by this change.
- Add WM_ERASEBKGND handler and remove background drawing code from
the WM_PAINT handler.

Isn't that going to cause a lot of flicker?

Not in the normal case. Flicker is caused when then background is drawn and then painted over by the foreground. I have kept the logic that only draws the background if the position of the progress bar has decreased. Admittedly, the invalidation in marquee mode will suffer from this problem, but I suppose that could be worked around with some careful RedrawWindow's.

This was the reason for
the existing code, because otherwise it looks really bad with apps
that update the progress bar a lot.

The existing code is wrong. Apps that depend on WM_ERASEBKGND doing something currently look really bad, no matter how often they update the progress bar. It would be a shame to leave have this bug remain in an otherwise completed control.

Rob