Mike Hearn wrote:

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 17:37, James Hawkins wrote:

err:thread:GetThreadContext Eip: ffffe410
err:thread:GetThreadContext Eip: ffffe410
err:thread:GetThreadContext Eip: ffffe410
err:thread:GetThreadContext Eip: ffffe410

and that is repeated until I terminate it.

Wierd. That value of EIP would put the thread as stuck somewhere in kernel address space (?), which doesn't sound right at all.

This is the so-called 'linux-gate' special area that is used for fast system calls. It typically means a blocking call, such as a call to the wineserver.

I would investigate whether it is supposed to be in the middle of a blocking call and under what conditions it should return from it.

Rob