Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

-- since we don't have the same constrains as MS, and since we can't
afford to maintain two versions of the standard controls, we are
just going to extend the ones from user32 to the full capability
of the ones in comctl32 ver. 6. As such, it make sense to audit them
against the comctl32 ver. 6 documentation.

How do you plan on using image lists from user32? How will you make sure that the version 6 behaviour doesn't break older programs? It's these questions that made Microsoft move the controls to comctl32. Will we get ourselves into a bigger mess by not having two separate implementations?

Rob