Robert Shearman wrote:

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

I think the source of the problem is a small misunderstanding about what LPK.DLL does on windows. It's not where the reordering algorithm is. That's in uniscribe. What's there is how this reordering algorithm is used for ExtTextOut, DrawText, EditControl and so on. As such, I think it's best if we did the same in Wine. Since the interface to LPK.DLL is undocumented, I think it's best to use something with similar functionality but different name, say "WINELPK".

As for the algorithm itself, I have no objection to it being implemented in wine_unicode. I'm just questioning the wisdom of that DLL. What does Windows use for the same functionality? If it's not there, where is it and why not put it there for wine too?

Windows uses ntdll. We don't want to get rid of wine_unicode because it is also used in wineserver and that obviously cannot use ntdll.

Rob

A very good reason. One that doesn't apply to BiDi, though.
Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.