Krzysztof Foltman wrote:
Mike McCormack wrote:

so long as you are the sole author.

That's where part of the problem is: as long as someone sends me just a "Ctrl-arrow" patch, I can always be suspected of stealing that patch. It puts me in a very uncomfortable position.

Perhaps a suggestion... ask that for some period of time, people who submit patches against your code do so under a BSD or X11 license. Wine itself was under an X11 style license for quite a few years, so that probably won't scare too many people off. Be specific (and reasonable) about the period of time, though.