On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Robert van Herk wrote:
[...]
Internally though, the SHBrowseForFolder dialog (dlls/shell32/brsfolder.c) uses pidls, which, as far as I know, are a specific win32 thing for identifying paths uniqually.

Thus, if I'd make an extra flag in the dialog, I would have to extent pidls to, so that they can hold unix paths. Is that a wise thing to do? Or should I take another approach?

Is there actually anything that prevents us from storing a Unix path in a PIDL? It's been quite some time since I looked at PIDLs and my memory is a bit fuzzy but I believe it would be quite feasible.

If there's something preventing it, wouln't a Shell Namespace extension be the right solution?

-- Francois Gouget [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://fgouget.free.fr/ War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.