Robert Shearman wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I just want to say that I tried out this patch. It does not fix the problem for InstallShield 6. I have a bug report in bugzilla if you are interested. Right now AFAIKT InstallSheild is seriously broken (for quite some time) and I am unable to use Native ole to workaround the problem.

Why does native ole not work?

Because I did not have stdole32.tlb since I usually run wine with no windows files. ;^) When I applied Mikes patch and imported a stdole32.tlb file from windows the program installs.

Not having our own version of stdole32.tlb means that the at least InstallShield 6 will not work "out of the box".

We have had a couple of proposals for implementing our own version of stdole32.tlb. Huw Davies' is the most recent, it was submitted to wine patches by Vincent Béron. http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2004/12/0053.html. and the most recent discussion thread is here. http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/12/0164.html . The upshot of which was that Alexandre said that it should be installed at compile time.

Anyways I was wondering I anyone could give me an update.

If there is anyway I can help this process I please tell me.

If you don't want to assist us in the programming work, then you can help us by testing things that should work (I'll include a comment in my message to wine-patches if I think something should start working with the patch). Each program's InstallShield seems to be unique and they usually break in unique ways, so any help with testing different installers would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

I am currently building wine with Vincent's and Mike's patches applied to see if it will install without native stdole32.tlb. I will let you know what the results are.

--

Tony Lambregts