--On Tuesday, December 28, 2004 11:12 AM -0800 Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How can I tell Wine to trick an install program into thinking the user
has administrator rights under Windows XP? I've switched the windows
type in the config file to winxp but the install program for Autocad
2005 tells me to log in again as an administrator.

My guess is that it's either unable to write to a system directory or it's looking for a certain group membership. Try tracing the installer and see if it's doing something like that.