Rob Shearman wrote:

What is the ParaStyle structure used for? How does this relate to the Style structure? Each character can have a different style, so why is there a paragraph style?

Ahh, good news: the paragraph format structure (PARAFORMAT2) doesn't need any precalculation (contrary to the character style, which caches a HFONT and TEXTMETRIC). That means I can keep the paragraph format directly in the ME_Paragraph, and remove the ME_ParaStyle completely.

In fact, I've just removed all the ParaStyle-related code without any negative consequences.

Krzysztof