Oliver Stieber wrote:
--- Jesse Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Now here's a bit of news:  Star Wars: Battlefront
works now!  Well it
loads to the menu and a thead crashes (ie music is
still playing, but
the menu is stuck).  I'll investigate later.  I
think you fixed it
with your volume fixes.

binkw32.dll (bink video) is crash happy, that's used
for the intro and cutscenes. It may be possibly to
make a simple linux version because you can get bink
for linux. (or a version that displays the text 'thank
you for disabling bink'.

Just FYI, in case it's helpful, there is a native application that allows bink video to be played within a native game--

nwmovies lets you use the BinkPlayer for Linux to play the unconverted Neverwinter Nights movies in-game (it also allows you to play them via mplayer and possibly plaympeg, after conversion).

According to the readme:

What little bit of this that is copyrightable is copywritten by David Holland [EMAIL PROTECTED] You may do what you wish with this code so long as some credit is given to me, and the copyright is maintained.

So you might want to drop by the website at http://home.woh.rr.com/nwmovies/nwmovies/ or contact the author to see if there's anything you can use, as it does work.

HTH,
Holly