Paul Millar wrote:
Hi Francois,

In an ideal world, yes we should use the names such as SHILCreateFromPath etc. and fix MinGW.
[...]
So, perhaps I could suggest a compromise. When adding new tests, people check if they work under current MinGW. If they don't, then the ordinal is used.

Once a month (or however often people care about this), we sweep up all the ordinal-based tests, patch MinGW to support them and switch back to named exports. Could we hack together a macro that switches between ordinal-based to name-based exports? That should eliminate a lot of the donkey work.

Switching to ordinals only to switch back to importing by name once MinGW is fixed is madness.

MinGW is an open-source project, we have already forked it, so there's no reason not to fix it.

-- Francois Gouget [EMAIL PROTECTED]