Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:

A valid and working code is returned if the version is set to xp. Still, even if this is only an initial attempt, they
appear to want to discriminate wine users, while this may be acceptable for operating system components/updates,
this is probably a violation of anti-trust law for all other downloads. It's also the first time Microsoft acknowledges the
existence of Wine.

Ivan Leo.

Let's wait until they actually do something bad before we go around accusing them, shall we?

In any case, at least from a technical point of view, going around such test ought to be fairly simple.

         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.