Thanks for that idea,

I was able to capture some output from Dragon Nat. Speaking using that idea.

trace:text:DrawTextExW L"New-Paragraph ", -1, [(17,2)-(729,18)] 00000824
trace:text:DrawTextExW Params: iTabLength=0, iLeftMargin=0, iRightMargin=0
trace:text:DrawTextExW L"this text was dictated into NaturallySpeaking for ", -1, [(17,2)-(729,18)] 00000824

there's almost certainly a better way to do this but at least that gives me a rudementary way of grabbing dictated text in a Linux process.

I could probably pipe it through grep to filter out the actual text from the rest.

Unless anyone has a better idea ....

Peter