Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 08:57:58PM +1000, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

In each case I will be trying to encourage methods which can store the
full NTFS semantics, rather than limiting ourselves to only the things
that fit natually in posix filesystems. I'm guessing we will have some
lively discussion on whether this is a worthwhile aim :-)

Speaking of which, both Samba and Wine suffer from the lack of support
of cases-insensitivness in the kernel. Now, I'm not suggesting that
we should push for that (I'm aware of the past discussions on LKML, and
I must agree with Linus), but we should push for *something* that's
acceptable and helps us solve the negative lookups a bit faster than a
full directory listing every time.

For the curious, the best link to the past discussion I could find is http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107700108430044&w=2 - Dan

--
Trying to get a job as a c++ developer?  See
http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html