This is a Windows program and people want to use Unix paths. So the 'unix://' in front of the path is a protocol, not a path.

Like when you are browsing the internet using http, and wamt to download from an FTP server, you preface the address with ftp://

Andrew

You can be the captain
I will draw the chart
Sailing into destiny
Closer to the heart

Closer to the Heart by Rush (A Farewell to Kings, 1977)