J. Grant wrote:
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick response.

[...]

I was trying to run wcmd, it seems to have been renamed wineconsole.

No, wcmd is still there, wineconsole is only the "terminal emulation window". If you want wcmd call it something like:
wineconsole --backend=user wcmd

Ok, I gave that a shot:

$ wineconsole --backend=user wcmd
Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin wineconsole.exe --backend=user wcmd ...
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
wineconsole: spawning client program failed (L"wcmd"), invalid/missing command line arguments ?
Wine exited with a successful status
]$

lrwxrwxrwx 1 now3d now3d 25 2005-05-06 19:36 wcmd.exe -> /usr/lib/wine/wcmd.exe.so

That symbolic link is not flashing, but I noticed the file it points to does not exist. I attatched the list of files I do have in /usr/lib/wine/

Is it not possible to just type "wcmd" in bash like we used to be able to? could that not be a default or even a shell script which ran "wineconsole --backend=user wcmd" if that is now the way to run things ?
Worksforme(TM). Seems your wine installation is broken/incomplete.
I mean both methods work "wcmd" and "wineconsole --backend=user wcmd". The later one runs a console which is fully compatible to that on Windows and some programs rely on that. And it has also the advantage that the wine debugging output (FIXME/ERR) don't clutter the output.

bye
        michael
System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart