Felix Nawothnig wrote:
Since bug 2131 was closed I'll paste it here again:

ne_module.c explicitly sets errorcode 21 (ERROR_NOT_READY) when
(
  LoadLibraryA()ing the owner of a 16bit dll failed
or
  the search for the 16bit dll returned a real (.so)
  dll and not a symlink to the owner
) and trying to load a native version of the 16bit dll failed with
ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND.

(dlls/kernel/ne_module.c:1218)

Anyone knows the reason for that behavior?

-flx

You can still comment to the bug even though it is closed. Since that bug was 2 issues in 1, I went ahead and closed it since the first issue cant/wont be fixed, but even though this issue has been posted to this list, it will be easier to keep track of if you file a bug for it as well.. Of course it could be related to the error in 2131. Some of the devs commented that 16-bit dll's use a PE header, while 32-bit ones use a NE header, and that is why it wouldnt be possible to wrap the 16-bit routines within the same dll as the 32-bit ones. This appears to honestly be for the same reason, if I understood what they were saying. Let's let them comment though, and if a bug should be filed, they will tell you to do so..

Dustin