>> I believe staying in the updatenow code in wine is incorrect. I think
what
>> happens is that when the message dispatch loop gets an empty queue and
the
>> window has an invalid region, then a WM_PAINT is returned.
>>
>> So... Can we / I please remove the loop? :-))

>Sure you can, you just need to figure out a way to do that without
>breaking something else ;-)

Woohoo... Should be easy then!

>From forum updates it appears Notes, Unreal2, UT2003, UT2004, Empire Earth
and MS Office 2003 for a start are all affected by this problem, and testing
seems to confirm its wrong, so I would start by changing it with a patch and
see what breaks, since we have no evidence anything will as far as I know.

But first I'll have a play under wine to compare my testing results with my
suggested patch and see what breaks...

Unfortunately I cant really think of a 'test' I can add into the wine tests
for this as most of the testing was under windows since wine just loops!

Thanks
Jason