Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:
On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 08:10 -0400, gslink wrote:

There were a number of update rpms recently posted for gcc. One way to cause this problem is to omit loading one of them. This happened to me and I believe that one of the updates was not posted with the others. All the updates are there now. The easiest way to check for this problem is to set up a kernel source. If that shows errors when you run rpmbuild then this is the likely cause.

# rpm -qa|grep gcc
libgcc-4.0.0-9
gcc-4.0.0-9
gcc-c++-4.0.0-9
gcc-java-4.0.0-9

yum reports no new packages..

-HK

What got me were the several update packages for gcc 3. For some reason some of these had to be loaded first before loading the 4 packages. This makes no sense but until I went back and loaded all the 3 updates and then the 4 updates I could not compile a kernel or Wine. That fixed all the problems. It shouldn't have.