Because it's a tedious and boring task to narrow down those unknown bugs in closed-source apps. And that's exactly why we ask you (since you got access to the sources) to tell us what the application is trying to do which doesn't work in Wine...
Ahem. And how long it usually takes to fix the bug for not-top-10 application? And please, don't suggest to fix it ourselves - it is not going to happen in corporate environment.

As for 'tell us what the application is trying to do' - you've got all APIs in your hands, so what's the problem to track down system calls? The issue our app is experiencing is quite a subtle one - it works Ok with Managed=N or with Desktop=YYYxZZZ (or from CrossOver BTW), but with default WineHQ distribution when it tries to minimize one of it's top-level windows with an explicit call to ShowWindow, the window is not only minimized, but also reduced to 1x1 pixel; when restoring it, sometimes it is restored normally, sometimes not. This behaviour was reported for Gnome/KDE/Xfce and can be fixed with 'Managed' or 'Desktop' settings I've mentioned above.

(we checked relevant portions of our code though for potential bugs and found nothing)
Even if your application relies on undocumented behaviour ("potential bugs" heh) it should work - if it doesn't that's a bug in Wine which should be fixed.
Well, in fact WINE compatibility wasn't our goal in such a check (WINE installation base is still negligible, and probably will remain negligible until some attention will be paid to out-of-the-box compatibility - at least like in CrossOver); it was just a good reason to check for potential incompatibilities under 'native' Win platforms. Also note that having WINE work perfectly is not our goal (personally I would like it, but the company coudln't care less).

Managed=N breaks focusing for everything on my box (bug #2149)...
As it would fix the problem for 99% of our users, and won't affect those who doesn't run our app, IMO it is still good enough.

Also I remember you've just told that fixing bugs is easy - why does it still exist then?