Your recent changes have broken the ntoskrnl build, because we're forced to link to kernel32 (that we don't need nor want) Could you please fix this? ntoskrnl is meant to be a native program anyway, so it shouldn't have an entry point routine like win32 progs. Being able to use NtProcessStartup instead of main would be an extra bonus. Of course this means we'll have to call NtProcessTerminate at shutdown but that's something all native progs on windows have to do too. Also I believe this patch of your to be wrong: http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=19957 The entry point of native drivers is DriverEntry, native drivers don't link to kernel32, thus can't call ExitProcess, also consider DriverEntry is like DllMain, it's an initialisation routine, the real work is then done by the DispatchDeviceControl function, so if you call ExitProcess nobody will have a chance to call the driver anyway. And all this is taken care by the io subsystem, so that entry point routine really shouldn't be there (Apart from the fact that windows doesn't have it).

Ivan.