cool, can you point me to where i can find the info on how to easily set up this cross-compiler on linux?

thanks,

Ken

Richard Cohen wrote:
Ken Larson wrote:
Well I am actually using a command-line with CL to compile it, but it was true that I had a WinMain instead of main.

I've changed the WinMain to main, but this doesn't seem to be the issue.

The issue appears to be initializing winsock. The following simple main program, when compiled with CL, and run with wine, requires an X display:

Your minimal winsock program doesn't need X when cross-compiled with mingw, and runs happily using winetty.drv

$ i586-mingw32msvc-gcc winsock.c -l wsock32

$ WINEDEBUG=loaddll DISPLAY= ~/wine/wine-20050830/wine ./a.exe
trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" : builtin trace:loaddll:MODULE_FlushModrefs Unloaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\\winex11.drv" : builtin trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system32\\winetty.drv" : builtin
$

Richard.